Have you considered applying for a Visa Debit Card? This card is convenient and will save you time and money! The card features the Visa logo and is tied to your Checking Account. It is more useful than an ordinary ATM Card, and it works like a check.
- The Visa Debit Card is accepted by merchants world-wide including retail stores, restaurants, gas stations, catalogs, internet purchases, and places that don't accept personal checks.
- You don't need to carry large sums of cash or a bulky checkbook. Visa Debit Cards are safer than cash; you have zero liability on lost or stolen cards if you report the loss or theft within two (2) business days. If someone steals your cash, you have no guaranteed recourse.
- No need to write out checks or to wait for the check approval process. Using a Visa Debit Card is fast & easy! The money is withdrawn from your checking account. It is not a line of credit.
- The convenience of a credit card with none of the interest charges or debt!
- Each person on a joint account will have their own Visa Debit Card. You no longer have to share a single checkbook, because both of you will always have access to your money. You will use less checks, so you save money on check printing costs. You will receive a monthly Checking Account statement detailing all transactions.
If your ATM/Debit Card has been lost, stolen, or compromised, call your local branch immediately. If it is after regular banking hours, call VISA at 1-800-523-4175 and CBC Bank Accounting at 1-636-462-2522 on the next business day.